We're Not in Kansas Anymore
So it's off to the the midwest, some place I've NEVER been. The cost of living seems to be alot cheaper than Washington and California so that's a plus. Once we get acclimated to the area, I'm really hoping we'll be able to buy a home. I always said that I wanted to live in all these different places but I was 22 years old and had never lived outside of the Bay Area, let alone Cali. And I didn't have any children. Well honey, let me tell you. Moving from place to place and state to state with babies - AIN'T FUN. It's nothing adventurous and is something I wouldn't wish on an enemy if I had one. It really takes a toll on you. And trying to figure out a dayum area via the internet and maps is not what I'd consider ideal. You know? So I really want this last move to be "the one." As in, the one that the hubby LOVES so we can settle in the St. Louis area and just be there. Not that I couldn't move to another state, but dayum I'd at least like to give it 5 years or more.
So the movers are coming on Thursday to give us an estimate on moving a 4 bed 2 bath home, plus the sh*t in the garage (the truck included) and some sh*t we still have in storage. I'm hoping this move will smooth and nothing like what happened when we moved to Washington cuz I don't know if I could take it. At least I'm not pregnant *chuckle* Not saying that's bad, but you know the last 2 times we have moved I have been VERY pregnant. Not fun!
Seeing as we're gonna be moving rather quickly, I'm trying to use as much food in the frig as I can without resorting to throwing that sh*t way. That would be such a waste. And I doubt I could give it to the 3 people I actually know in Washington because ain't too many folks down with "veggie burgers" and veganish like foods. *sigh* And I really don't want to waste that sh*t. We did that before cuz there was no one to take it. . . .Ohhhh I think I'm starting to have the moving jitters and we ain't even got started yet. Okay, let me run and start trying to take these dayum pictures off the wall so I can have all our picture hangers in one place. I ain't even gonna tell you how long it took to find all the different places the packers put our sh*t. It's a nice idea to have someone else pack. But ain't nobody gonna pack your sh*t the way you would. No matter how professional they say they are.
I'm off for now.
*smoochies* Lady A
Labels: relocating
6 Comments:
At 1:45 PM, March 04, 2008,
Anonymous said…
Girl you ain't said nothing! We're pulling out of here on the 14th.....see ya on the road! :)
At 2:43 PM, March 04, 2008,
mia. said…
I both hated my movers and loved them. Bottom line? I'm never physically moving shit again - but you're right, no one will ever do it like you will!
At 6:27 AM, March 05, 2008,
Carmell said…
the first and the last time i moved i was pregnant... that is not fun at all!!! my MIL, SIL and BIL all helped with the last move... i'm still finding shit!
so did you find somewhere to move to? if not email the work address and i'll see what i can find or at leat tell you where it is. and what i know about the area.
At 9:27 AM, March 05, 2008,
That Girl Tam said…
DAMN...you guys are moving AGAIN??? Seems like you JUST moved to Washington...wow...
I hope it all goes well...believe me I know that moving can be a bitch ESPECIALLY when someone ELSE packs your shit...my SIL packed most of our shit and I still can't find half of it...and we've been here since August...
At 11:01 AM, March 05, 2008,
Anonymous said…
Dang, Washington was short lived.
The 17th!!!! Girl that's right around the corner. You are gonna be SUPER busy. I know when we move again, I'm not moving a DAMN thing. We're get one hell of a moving service cause I don't want to have to pack or do a dang thing.
Happy moving. And how come you guys cant move some place warm. Geesh!!! Lol
At 10:06 AM, March 09, 2008,
Anonymous said…
Hey AlyCat, I am so excited you guys will be our neighbors. Looking forward to having more friends this way. I think I will slowly convince everyone to move to the mid-west. You have to stay here this time. No more moving. By the way, summer will be great in St Louis. Mostly everything is Free to do. Parking is the onlything that costs, and its cheap. Laters!!!!!!! Nae Nae
Post a Comment
<< Home